High Protein, Low Calorie Snacks For Post-Partum Weight Loss
If you’re trying to lose some weight after having a baby, you need to choose your snacks carefully. A lot of the ‘easy’ options you might find yourself normally reaching for are calorie dense and potentially full of sugar. The key is choosing snacks that are high in protein but low in calories and will keep you full for longer.
Here’s a list of snacks to grab when you’re needing something quick and healthy that will satisfy your hunger without spiking your blood sugar levels and leading to a ‘crash’.
- It’s easy to overeat when it comes to nuts so just stick to 10-15 at a time.
- Hard boiled eggs.
- Beef jerky.
- Carrot sticks, capsicum, cucumber, celery and hummus. Getting vegetables throughout the day is a great way to increase your overall intake without any sugars whatsoever.
- Peanut/almond butter on apple. Choose your butter of choice wisely, if you can, a good quality one is better for you.
- Greek/coconut yoghurt with walnuts and blueberries. Walnuts are a great source of protein, so accompanied with yoghurt and blueberries, it’s a winner!
- Wholegrain crackers with cottage cheese and tomato.
- Celery and cream cheese or peanut butter.
- Tuna and apple. Sounds strange but it’s so good! A small tin of tuna that’s in spring water on top of apple – perfect.
If you’re dairy-free then obviously any kind of cheese is out of the question but there are plenty of other options available to you. Whatever you do, just remember that you have the control so choose wisely – consistency and discipline pays off.
If you want to really make progress, check out busymumfitness.com. Thousands of busy mums have changed their lives through simply eating well and exercising. Invest in yourself to be the best Mum you could ever be.
Click here for more Nutrition articles.