How Leanne lost more than 78 cms
What were the things you suffered from before the program or your story in short (re weight, health issues, skin) and how has this changed?
I was very unhappy and blamed everyone around me for my unhappiness. I was constantly tired, stressed out and hated my body and slept terribly. I would go to everything sugary and drink 8 cups of coffee a day with very little exercise. I started really hating photos of myself, as I have gained so much weight after I had my children, and never had time for me. I felt like all I was doing was working, cleaning, running the house, go to bed.
I felt like I had no time left for just me and me time was just never a priority.
I went on annual leave in December 2018, and read a book ( first book I read in 10 years ), and it was all about self-motivation – The Leader who had no title – and in this book was a piece on in order to help others, you need to help yourself first.
I did not like the short tempered person I became – and spend the next few days reflecting on what I would like to change about myself in order to be the best version of me for my family. Three days after I made my decision to change and be a better version of myself, the Kelly Rennie Facebook advert came up and I opened it and man am I glad I clicked that button.
- I started the 8 week VIP programme on the 7th of January 2019, and was so freaked out by so many things, how am I going to give up sugar and coffee? How am I going to have the energy to exercise 6 days a week – I haven’t slept through one night in 10 years ( yes both my children don’t sleep through the night – my son is 10 and my daughter is 4 !!), but I refused to have any more excuses, this was it. Leanne, you are doing this and you’re not going to fail.
About 4 days into the programme, I noticed at work that at 2pm I didn’t yawn anymore and the detox headaches have gone.
1 week into the programme the smell of coffee and the urge to have a coffee disappeared – I honestly couldn’t believe how I did not need, crave and miss coffee! I felt energised when I woke up in the mornings- which was a bizarre feeling, it didn’t make sense to me, but I decided to trust the programme and my coach.
- To put everything in perspective my fitness regime was none. So I was so nervous about the exercises, but like with the nutrition, I just gave it my all. Once I completed the first exercise of the week, I felt to good and decided there in my pain and sweat that I will give this my all and I will push myself every day. I youtubed Kelly Rennie and listened to all the webinars I could find, I made my vision board and decided that I want and can and will be in a bikini December 2019.
I am going to be fit and healthy and clean my body from the toxins. And I guess the most important discovery on this journey for me was that I matter. I matter to me, I matter to my family and that the reason I was so unhappy was that I was giving up on me, and not prioritising me. You matter, your family needs you to take care of you.
Today ( 9 weeks later since I joined the programme ) I feel amazing. I lost 9 kilograms and 78 centimetres in 8 weeks, but more than the weight loss, I gained so much more confidence and my mindset completely changed. I have NO MORE PMS MOODSWINGS!! This to me is just incredible! I was a monster 4 days before my period – yelling, screaming, feeling horrible etc. Now I don’t even know when my period is coming , there are no signs, my body pains ( PMS pains ) have gone and mood is not effected – this to me is still just unbelievable!
- Embrace this programme with all that you are, your body will ache and you will have days where you feel like its not all going to plan ( its called life ), but that’s where the Facebook group and staying accountable comes in. Tell the other moms on the group what you are going through – they are so supportive along with your coach. I promise you, if you do this you will make it though the hard days with flying colours.
What message you’d love to give to other Mums out there that don’t believe they can change?
If you told me 9 weeks ago that I was going to be 9 kilograms lighter and not tired, I would’ve not believed you. We can all change, IF WE REALLY WANT TO. I really wanted to change, I was desperate for change not just physically, but mentally.
You can honestly achieve anything you put your mind to. I am testimony of that. That does not mean its going to be easy, but with a positive attitude and a drive to learn and be educated, it will be. Give yourself the credit.
You have managed to create life and be a mum, that is most likely the most challenging journey you can ever be on. See this programme as another tool to add to your motherhood toolkit. One that makes you physically and mentally strong and HAPPY!
You can do this, honestly if I can do this, so can you! Embrace the change, embrace the challenges, embrace the pain, embrace the healing and above all embrace the successes you have on this journey. By committing yourself to this programme, you will get results! Its not about perfection, it’s about consistency!!
What did you enjoyed the most about the program?
- Everything. The education, the nutrition changes and new recipes ( which my whole family adores ), the fitness, the coaching and the Awesome Facebook page and like-minded mum support! The support from the coaches and Facebook group is tremendously valuable.
- Most of all this programme is really enjoyable, I am having so much fun being part of the busymum community and having the support is just incredible.
- My husband has gone back into the gym and my kids loved joining into the workouts
Lastly, if my kids are in the sea swimming I am now swimming alongside them with confidence. I will forever be grateful to Kelly Rennie, the team and the programme. It changed me and I am a better, happier person because of it.
Do it, now its your time to shine.
Join our next VIP Busy Mum Transformation Program – Take hold of your results now
Click here for more Motivation articles.