Yield: 8 Servings
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 3 large tangerines
- 1 tsp. liquid stevia extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pulp of 2 oranges
- 3 cups almond flour
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Orange zest for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Rinse the tangerines and place them in a large saucepan with cold water; bring
to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Drain the tangerines and refill with cold water; bring back to a gentle boil for about 15 minutes. Boiling reduces the bitterness in the fruit skin.
- Roughly chop the tangerines; remove the seeds, catching the juices on the plate.
- Transfer to the food processor, along with any juices; process until very smooth. Set aside.
- The final puree should be about one cup.
- In a bowl, whisk stevia and eggs until creamy and light; fold in baking powder, orange pulp, and almond flour; mix until well-blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered 9-inch springform pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean and light golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and decorate with citrus zest if desired.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
* Calories: 291
* Total Fat: 19.6 g
* Carbs: 23.5 g
* Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
* Sugars: 15.2 g
* Protein: 10.6 g
* Cholesterol: 61 mg
* Sodium: 29 mg
Join our next 8 Week VIP Busy Mum Program – Take hold of your results now
For more recipes click here.