Kelly Rennie – Busy Mum Fitness
Effective Date: June 5th 2018
Article 1 – General Terms
BUSY MUM FITNESS takes responsibility for the processing of your personal data as a data controller.
Article 2 – Data that we collect about you
Personal data means any information that can identify a natural person or any information that can link to an identifiable natural person. Personal data does not include information that is anonymised and where no natural person can be identified.
Personal data that we collect about you can fit into the following broad categories:
- Identification information: name, IP-address, web browser information
- Contact information: e-mail address, postal address
- Payment information: credit card information, payment method
- Health information: before and after photos, dietary intake
- Social media information if you choose to interact with us on social media platforms
Article 3 – How do we collect data about you
BUSY MUM FITNESS can obtain personal data through different means:
- From your use of our Website;
- When you register an account with us;
- When you freely give us the information either my signing up, registering or send an email;
- When you contact us requesting to be sent information from us using the contact form, send an email;
- Web beacons and pixels;
- Interact with us on social media platforms;
- See Article 8.
Article 4 – Purposes of processing your data
In general, BUSY MUM FITNESS we rely on the following basis for the legal processing of your personal data:
- Where we need to perform the contract we enter into with you i.e. contractual obligations;
- Where it is necessary for BUSY MUM FITNESS’s legitimate interests and your fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where you have provided us with explicit consent.
BUSY MUM FITNESS shall only use the data collected about you solely for the following purposes:
- Improve the performance of the Website and to deliver you with an enhanced user experience;
- To send you products and services that you have purchased;
- To send you newsletters that you have requested;
- To send you emails that you have requested;
- To fulfil services that you have purchased from us;
- To provide you with personal advice;
- To comply with legal obligations.
You are not required to provide BUSY MUM FITNESS with your personal data, however, we may not be able to deliver services to you if you refuse to provide personal data.
Where you provide us with consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw consent please see Article 9 for more information.
Automated decisions and profiling
We do not process your personal data to create a profile of you and you shall not be subjected to automated decisions.
Article 5 – Data Retention
We will store and process your personal data for the period necessary depending on the purposes of processing and the contractual relationship you may have with BUSY MUM FITNESS.
- Identification information: for as long as you are a customer of ours.
- Contact information: for as long as you are a customer of ours.
- Payment information: for as long as you are a customer of ours.
- Health information: for as long as you are a customer of ours.
- Social media information: for as long as you are a customer of ours.
Article 6 – Transfer of data
We may share your data with the following categories of third parties:
- Contractors in order to provide services
- Freelancers and contractors for IT support
- Payment processors in order to process online payments, bank transfers and merchant banks
- Professional advisors such as accountants, auditors
- Legal authorities and law enforcement such as the police, tax authorities
- Mailing software such as the one to manage our newsletters
We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share data with the following specific third parties:
BUSY MUM FITNESS shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongfully or improper use of the personal data by a third party.
Third party external links
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of such information.
Transfer of ownership
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets. You will be notified of this event if it occurs and you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data and/or withdraw consent.
From time to time we share your personal data with contractors and/or service providers that may be located outside of Australia. When we do, we ensure that there is an adequate level of protection for personal data in the receiving party.
We may use the following methods to safeguard the transfer of data internationally:
- Transfer of personal data to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission (‘adequacy decisions’);
- We may use Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission;
- We may transfer data to the US if they are part of the Privacy Shield. If the receiving third party is not a part of the Privacy Shield then we may use the Standard Contractual Clauses;
Article 7 – Security measures
We have implemented an appropriate technical and organisational measures, procedures and safeguards are in place to prevent the destruction, loss, adjustment, accidental notification to a third party, removal and unauthorised access of personal data.
We only allow access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Article 8 – Cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is sent from the server of BUSY MUM FITNESS and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. This allows us to remember your preferences when visiting our Website. The information stored through these cookies can only be read by BUSY MUM FITNESS and only for the duration of your visit to the Website.
When you use the Website, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It’s important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic ﬁles also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Website or open HTML formatted email messages.
Article 9 – Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, data subjects within the European Economic Area are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to be informed on how we use your personal data and you have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you;
- Right of rectification – you have the right to correct inaccurate information that we may have about you;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to request us to suspend processing under certain circumstances;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in an easily readable format in order to transfer to another service.
- Right to erasure – otherwise known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ meaning that you have the right to request that we delete all the personal data that we have on you (with certain legal exceptions).
- Right to withdraw consent – where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to at all times, withdraw your consent.
For data subjects outside the EEA, you may have rights under the Privacy Act 1988.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation please contact us by sending an email to
Online Privacy Coordinator
Please note that you will be requested to provide specific identification information in order to verify your identity before your request can be processed. This is a security measure that we have implemented to ensure that there is no unauthorised access to personal data by third parties.
We are committed to providing you with a response to your request within 30 days. However if there are delays in providing you with your request, we will notify you of the delay, the reason for the delay and extend our response time.
If you are not satisfied with our response then you have the right to make a complaint as per the following section.
Right to make a complaint
Individuals in the EEA have the right to make a complaint anytime with the supervisory authority of your country of residence.
Individuals in Australia may have a right to complain to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner.
For all other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org