Best Ways To Turn A Bad Day Into A Good One
Everyone has bad days, it’s a part of life. But it’s how we deal with them that matters. Say the morning starts off terribly – you sleep in, breakfast is a disaster with the kids, you’re late leaving so everyone is late (for kindy, school and work), then you get to work and your computer won’t work. It would be easy to throw in the towel and think that the whole day is now ‘ruined’. But it doesn’t have to be!
Here are some tips for turning what could be a bad day, into a good one.
- Do something nice for someone. Making others feel good will always boost your own mood. Surprise someone at work by getting them a coffee just to make them smile, and be sure to get yourself one too! Or make something you can share with your family or friends (a yummy cake or dessert always goes down well).
- Write down what you’re grateful for. Taking time to consciously think about all the good things you have in your life is a great way to remind yourself that life is good, and a bad day is just that, it’s one bad day.
- Go to bed early. Sleep is essential to being on top of your game. If you’ve had a bad day why not take the time to soak in the bath or have a lovely long, hot shower, put on your favourite PJs and crawl into bed early with a book that will take you away from your thoughts. Switch off the light early and enjoy a long night’s sleep – your mind, body and soul will thank you for it in the morning.
- Call a friend and tell them you need to hang out. Sometimes sharing your bad day with someone is the best remedy. Whether it was something big or something small that made it a bad day, getting it off your chest with your bestie will feel good. And that’s what friends are for. You’d do the same for them right?
- Getting the endorphins flowing and your heart rate up is such a great way to make yourself feel better. Whether it be a walk outside or a HIIT workout in your lounge, you won’t regret doing it. The hardest part is often committing to it and getting changed! Once you’ve done that, it’s easy and will be bound to help you put the bad day behind you.
- Tick something off your list. We all love the satisfaction of ticking something off the list (physically or mentally). Folding the washing that’s been staring at you for a couple of days, doing the ironing (probably been there longer than a couple of days if you’re like me!), putting the hooks up so you can finally hang your jacket rather than leave it on the floor – the list is usually endless for most people. But if you can tick one thing off it, whether it be big or small, you’ll feel like you’ve achieved something momentous on what was a bad day.
Try not to let a bad morning or day take control over you. Choose to be happy, take action by doing one of the suggestions above and put it behind you.
Click here for more Motivation articles.